Explain Title

Visit www.rebeccaglancy.com to read the full-length essay "A Day at the Park."

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Into the Kitchen

When we are away from home I think I enjoy letting other people cook for me, but as soon as we get home the first thing I do is make a grocery list.  I can’t wait to cook for myself and my family again, to make meals of my choice and to experience the pleasure of chopping vegetables, measuring ingredients, seasoning to taste, and turning out a dish exactly as I imagined it.  This week I’m going to make pasta primavera with julienned carrots, pea pods, and broccoli, garnished with shaved parmesan cheese and cashews; chicken marsala with green beans amandine and hot rolls; and salt-and-pepper shrimp with stir-fried spring vegetables (asparagus, snow peas, and leek) and sticky rice.  It’s great to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. I want to come live at your house!! Your meals sound SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete