Explain Title

Visit www.rebeccaglancy.com to read the full-length essay "A Day at the Park."

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rain, Rain...

Ten minutes ago I was standing in my kitchen packing an elaborate picnic dinner (grilled chicken breast with roasted red pepper, spinach leaves, and goat cheese on toasted Italian bread; broccoli salad; blueberry buckle for dessert) while rain fell outside and thunder rumbled, jeering me.  It’s not unlikely that the storm will pass before dinnertime.  But if this picnic is rained out, it will be the second picnic we’ve eaten at our dining room table this week.  When should I just give up?

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the descriptions of your meals!!!! You shouldn't give up because the rest of us just love reading about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! even when I have to live with the side effect of feeling guilty about my cooking, which is boring if compared with yours

    ReplyDelete